So having been pleasantly surprised at how much progress I’d made since this time last year, here are my sewing goals for this one…
- Jackets and Jeans! I have a whole host of lovely jacket patterns at the ready and even have the appropriate fabric in my stash, so 2016s the year for this. And of course there’s #jeansjanuary!
- Active Wear and Underwear! I’ve been itching to attempt both of these areas for a while now after seeing so many other bloggers venture here. While bras seem to involve a whole lot of separate and expensive paraphernalia, pants seem pretty straightforward, so hopefully a good, starting point. Seamworks have two leggings patterns and two, suitable tops for sportswear, so time to utilise my subscription more 🙂 Talking of which…
- Make more use of my sewing subscriptions! I subscribe to two print magazines, and one online magazine. Whilst I get a lot of enjoyment from just the flicking and reading parts, I need to justify these more. I’m thinking at least one make from one of these a month, but hoping they’ll overlap with the above.
- Get more sewing sociable! While I love the idea of joining a local sewing group, this is impractical on lots of different levels for me. Joining Instagram feels like a step in the right direction, as does taking part in sewing meet ups where possible, hello Yorkshire Spoolettes! Online challenges also sounds like a do-able way of getting more sociable? Keep hearing about Jungle January, anyone point me in the right direction on this one? And related to this…
- Participate in more monthly challenges over at The Monthly Stitch, despite joining some time ago, I think I’ve only ever managed two or three of them. Should be pretty easy to improve upon this…
So nothing too scary (apart from those jeans, but I’m in good company there so hopefully lots of help along the way…) and hopefully lots of practical but fun sewing ahead 🙂
Phew! Finally completed my #sewingtopfives, hop over to Gillian’s site at crafting a rainbow for more details.
37 thoughts on “Sewing Resolutions 2016 #sewingtop5s”
Good luck with your goals;
Thank you! Can’t wait just to sit down at my sewing ‘desk’ at the moment. Now the last of the Christmas visits are over I’m hoping I might get chance…
Great resolutions, many of which I feel I could/do share. I’m toying with coming to the Yorkshire Spoolettes meet up too 😊
Hurrah! Should be fun! Be great if you join me on some of these goals, think sourcing the appropriate fabrics will be the most time-consuming so be good to share 🙂
wow, 2016 is going to be a full sewing year for you! I so wish I could come to one of your meetups – they sound such fun!
😦 I know, bit of a long journey for you. My first one so will let you know how I get on…
I have loved looking at your sewing and hope you have fun with your resolutions for this year!
Thank you! Looking forward to finding some time to actually sit down at my machine this week, been too long… 🙂
A good set of resolutions – I might pinch your magazin one. I don’t think I have ever made up one of the free patterns from either if th sewing magazines I buy (apart from a tie which was a free download anyway). Good luck!
Thanks Clarinda. Yes, much though I love just flicking through for ideas, I do feel I need to justify the expense more.
Jungle January is run by Petty Grievances. http://prttynpnk.com/ Go for it!
Great, thank you!
Nice goals! I look forward to seeing what you come up with on the new year!
Won’t be getting up to much at all if I don’t prioritise sitting down at my machine this week… Despite my grand plans! 🙂
Delightful to see your list ~ best wishes for your getting along with them this year! Have also got some jackets planned, so will read your posties with great interest. (A Morris, after the pattern gets taped up. And now have some appropriate fabric for SBCC’s Limoncello.) What are you planning?
I have three or four freebies that came with magazines, so I’m hoping to use one of those to tick off two goals in one! One of them is apparently ‘perfect for beginners’ so probably be starting with that one 😉
Ah! Great idea! Will look forward to seeing them. 😀
Good luck, I feel inspired reading everyones list to make my own but then I might have to have a plan, and I like living life on the edge! I don’t really, but maybe I should be a bit more organised. Good luck with yours 🙂
Ha! Know what you mean. This looks a lot more ambitious written down than it did in my head… About to order some jeans fabric or I’ll never get going!
Good luck with your goals! look forward to seeing you achieve them.
Thank you! High time I got started on them! This weekend… 🙂
These sound like great goals! Good luck! 🙂
They look far more ambitious written down, than in my head, yikes! But nothing ventured and all that…
Great goals… I would like to explore jackets and jeans as well. I have made underwear (no bras though and I have everything to make one!) I have participated in Jungle January a few times- very fun and I highly recommend. Good luck on your goals this year!
Thank you! I need to find some jungle prints ASAP to join in 🙂
Nice set of sewing goals! I’m sure you’ll make it. I’ll be starting a muslin for the pants pattern you sent me in the next week or so. 😀 Looking forward to seeing your creations.!
Fab! Glad it went to a good home, great to see it being used.
OMG I totally forgot about the monthly stitch! Ahhhh…..
Utilising subscriptions is also a very good one… I get Love Sewing now that I’m (meant to be) blogging for Simple Sew. And I actually like a lot of the projects atm! 🙂
Love Sewing has got a lot better in terms of projects I want to make. Was really pleased they decided to offer the last free patterns in smaller sizes too, thought they both looked tempting 🙂
Did they?! Where?!
They sent an email through with a link Be th, get looking through! 🙂
Oh lol thanks! All emails like that get sent into a separate folder in my emails (Promotions), which I never check!
Worth checking for this one, must have been complaints…
I really must either make more things out of the magazines I subscribe to, or cancel the subscriptions, too. Trouble is, I love looking through them, even if there’s nothing I want to make:)
Snap! I get so excited when a new one pops through the letter box. Always a good excuse for a cuppa and a sit down 🙂
Stumbled acrosss your blog, I’m excited about my new venture into sewing. Good look on your goals
Many thanks! Sorry for delay in responding… Hope you’ve been enjoying your new hobby! X