The lovely Hannah from Hannah Moitt Makes has nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you so much Hannah, and I’m happy to pass on the baton 🙂 And my apologies for taking so long to put this together. It’s been a mad busy couple of weeks…
Just like The Liebster Award, The Versatile Blogger award is a way for bloggers to get to know one another and to share their favourite recently discovered blogs. If you choose to accept your nomination there are a few rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and create a link back to their blog
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Nominate 15 other versatile bloggers
4. Tell the bloggers that you nominated them
So here’s everything you ever wanted to know about me 😉 Please do feel free to skip over to my nominated blogs, not sure there are 7 interesting things about me, this took some thinking…
1. I’m an English teacher who actually loves their job, a rare thing indeed!
2. I used to, very briefly, be an accountant! I very quickly saw the light….
(Apologies to any accountants who stumble across this! Both my brother and sister-in-law are both accountants and lovely people 😉 )
3. The older I’ve got, the more part time I’ve chosen to work (probably why I still enjoy it) – a lot less money granted, but it means I get to keep my sanity, and it gives me more time to sew…
4. My favourite snack is peanut butter on toast
5. Growing up my favourite band was The Cure, these days while I still love a bit of Robert Smith, you’re more likely to find me singing along to Coldplay, clearly a sign of my age.
6. I love visiting the theatre. Last night I saw ‘The Tempest’ live from The Globe at my local cinema (seriously, these live streamings are fantastic, if you get the chance, do go see one) and tomorrow I’m heading down to Stratford-Upon-Avon to see ‘Henry IV’ with my school (again I love my job).
7. And finally, if anyone’s still awake… I was once the tallest pupil in my primary school, a fact I’m very proud of, even though clearly I haven’t grown all that much since…
Much more of interest are my nominations for this award. It’s taken me ages to trawl through and check actual names and if people already had this award or not. My sincere apologies to anyone I’ve missed out or any incorrect information. I’ve plumped for the blogs I’ve followed the longest and who I’ve had the most recent contact with…
My nominations are…
For expertise and plenty of inspiration for perfecting a beautiful finish I’m nominating both Barbara at barbarajanemade over in Canberra, Australia and Sharon from petiteandsewing.blogspot.
For oodles of inspiration, both prolific sewers, I’m nominating Teri of farsewla.wordpress and fellow teacher Chris at handmadebychris.wordpress.
For beautiful dress inspiration head on over to Amanda at sewdeputy.wordpress. Kyla, the animal-loving Air Force pharmacist (now that’s a mouthful!) at kylachristine.wordpress and Erika at rejoicefortheday.com both blog about both sewing and life in general.
Fellow, relative newbies theecleticseamstress.com, Becky from springystitches.wordpress, thesewingfrenchie.wordpress and smeebotsews.wordpress are all well worth a look if you’re a beginner too, like me.
Louise from sewsensational.wordpress, Caroline from carolinejoynson.blogspot and Beth from AfterDarkSewing.wordpress, all three based in the Uk.
And finally my favourite name for a blog, probably because of my daughter’s name, is Jay of thesewingwren.wordpress.
Phew! That took some compiling. Hopefully you might find something of interest too,